This NAVISKAUTO is a quality portable DVD player for the money. You can connect it easily to your TV, and it has a lot of great features like the ability to read from things like SD cards and USB sticks.
It has a few other nice options added to the package, including a beefy 2600mAh battery, a long cord, and the ability to resume films where they are stopped!
This third feature is especially cool. If you’re traveling and have to stop a movie to ask for directions or maybe pull over and get a bite to eat…once you get on the road again you can turn the NAVISKAUTO 9-Inch Portable DVD/CD/MP3 Player back on and start your film exactly where you left off.
NAVISKAUTO 9 Inch Portable DVD/CD/MP3 Player Features
- It’s a region-free DVD player so no matter where you live or where you travel to you can play DVDs from that area
- The 2600mAh battery is big and lasts a pretty long time. They claim 5 hours, and most real-life users get something like 4.5. This is so crucial when it comes to a portable DVD player; you want to have enough time to finish a film or two/hopefully finish your car trip or plane ride without having to recharge the batteries or turn the unit off
- It has a built in USD/MMC/SD card slot, because no one really wants to burn CDs or DVDs anymore unless you absolutely have to
- This may seem like a small feature, but the charging cord and cigarette lighter charger cords that come with this device are actually pretty long! This is so crucial when it comes to looking at buying one of these devices compared to a similar unit
- 270-Degree flexibility really helps out in a lot of ways, specifically when using this device in a car or airplane. The screen even folds flat against the bottom of the unit, which really helps out if you’re in a plane or train seat that doesn’t have a lot of room for you to move around
- Naviskauto is a Chinese company that sells a fair amount of portable DVD players on large online clearinghouses. While you might not have heard of the name, they stand behind their DVD players with a 12-Month warranty
- The machine has a 9-inch screen that can fold 100% flat against the rest of the device, which makes this DVD player great for using in places where you don’t have a lot of room. If you’re stuck in a plane or train seat for awhile, having it in ‘tablet’ mode can really help
- This Naviskauto has no problem reading from digital media like SD cards, MMC cards, and USB sticks. Make sure to format your jump drive in FAT32 format; that’s the kind of formatting the hardware was designed to accept
- Kind of strange to mention this, but both the cigarette lighter cord and the AC wall chargers have long cords! Again this is great for longer trips where the AC socket or cigarette lighter might be in a faraway place
- This device also supports not only DVDs but also MP3 and .AVI format files, super convenient for those of us that have big digital media collections on our laptops and iPads
- This is another thing that isn’t mentioned in many reviews, but this Naviskauto has a good ‘’anti-shock’’ system built into it. Good if you ride buses frequently
- Has both built-in speakers and a headphone jack. We would recommend using headphones as the speakers include are very tinny and don’t really sound good
- You can output the Naviskauto to a TV set! This is extremely cool because you can then flip down the screen and just use it as a video out. No need to buy a ‘’Smart TV,’’ just download movies or TV shows, stick them in a USB card, and play them live on your big screen.
- Comes with a remote control. This comes in handy specifically when using the Naviskauto to feed a larger TV
- Monitor doesn’t have very good resolution (800×480) but it’s more than enough for its size, and the colors on it look fairly realistic and decent
- As noted above, the battery life on this device is very decent, usually tested to about 4.5 hours. They claim 5 hours on Amazon, but those numbers aren’t usually 100% accurate
- The monitor is nowhere near as sharp as a tablet or modern laptop screen might be
- The speakers are not the greatest, especially for music. It works fine for dialogue, and if you’re mainly using this to entertain small children with movies, it’ll be fine. If you’re listening to music with this thing, though: get some headphones
We consider this NAVISKAUTO a good system. It’s a decent unit, and the price for what you get is pretty fair. The most important feature in our eyes is the good battery life. The second most important thing to us is build quality and warranty, and also in this case the NAVISKAUTO does very well.
They’ve sold lots of these, and our experiences with this device are positive. There are a couple things of course that keep the NAVISKAUTO from taking the top spot; one is the low quality of the speakers, and the second thing is the relatively low resolution of the monitor.
As long as you’re not too fussed about the screen resolution, and you don’t plan to use the NAVISKAUTO 9-Inch Portable DVD/CD/MP3 Player as a stereo, it’s a decent buy.