Whether it is that you’re having a flight or a road trip in the near future, you will need a distraction. Time will always seem to pass slowly when you are bored or have nothing to do. In order to make your trip pass as soon as possible, you will need to entertain yourself somehow.
Sure, airplanes have already modernized themselves enough to provide their own entertainment systems. But what about their quality?
Note that you are also restricted to a limited amount of media. That is why we recommend that you check out the Magnavox portable DVD player.
There are two main problems that occur within most entertainment systems in airplanes. The first problem is that they are usually of low quality and don’t offer that many features.
Another major problem and probably the most important one for you is that they have a limited library of media available. Because of that, doesn’t it seem like a better decision that you bring your own device with you?
You will know exactly how it works and what its full potential is. A device like the Magnavox Portable DVD player can be the perfect solution for your problems, as it can:
- Play your favorite movies and TV shows
- Let you listen to music
- Work for up to 3 hours in total depending on media type
With these capabilities, why shouldn’t you get a device of your own instead of relying on the airplane? With an average 2.5 hours of battery life it may not seem as dependable, but for the average road trip or commute it is enough.
You just need to insert a DVD or CD disc and you can watch your movie straight away from a 7-inch TFT screen.
- Comes with 2 AAA batteries, a remote control, and AC/DC adapters
- Can play both CD and DVDs
- Pictures can be listed as well as long as they are in the JPEG format
- For audio, it has stereo speakers’ built-in, but headphones can be used instead
- Batteries can be recharged and last 2.5 hours on average
- Has an AV output for other screens
- This device can output its video or audio onto other devices
- The player will even recognize rewritable CD disks
- You can charge it while using it, but you can rely on the batteries too
- With a 7-inch screen, it comes in a compact size
- Size is smaller, but the device is heavier compared to other players
- Pictures can be shown but only in one format
- The quality of the stereo speakers isn’t that great
- Batteries will last too short for longer flights
- Contains no USB ports for flash drives
A portable DVD player may seem worthless when compared to a smart device, but it still has some abilities that make it worth buying. The main point of a portable DVD player is that you can listen to music and watch movies anywhere. But isn’t that possible with a tablet or a smartphone as well?
You can do exactly that, but as long as you have access to an internet connection. Your device might already have a limited storage, which means that you’re not able to prepare your movies beforehand either. With the Magnavox portable DVD/CD player, you can do the following:
- Check out a gallery of your latest pictures
- Watch your favorite TV shows
- Connect headphones with the device and listen to music
The best thing about this is that you can place all of that media on a single CD or DVD disc. That means that you can bring 700MB of data with you if you’re using a CD. If you want to use a DVD for larger storage, then you can bring 4.7GB of media.
If you are like the average smartphone user, then you definitely won’t have that amount of storage free. Some DVD players even have an input for SD cards or flash drives, making them even a better choice when it comes to portability. This way you won’t need to hoard all those movies on your own smartphone.
As outdated as they may seem, there is a great variety when it comes to portable DVD players. That’s why you shouldn’t just limit yourself to the Magnavox DVD player. If you’re not content with its features, then the DBPOWER 9.5-inch portable DVD player is a great alternative.
It comes with a larger screen which can be turned at different angles, up to 180 degrees. The battery is also better as it can last up to 5 hours.
A greater number of formats are also supported, for both video and audio media. In summary, you get the following advantages:
- You can now input data with a USB flash stick
- An SD card filled with music and movies can be used too
- A greater number of formats are available
- Screen is larger and can be turned in different directions
It does cost more and may be harder to use, but you get what you pay for. If you’re not content with the basics and want more out of a DVD player, then the DBPOWER is a great choice.
Otherwise, we recommend you to get the Magnavox because of its lower price. Don’t forget that the Magnavox uses AAA batteries, meaning that you can change them mid-flight.
If you are going to travel in the following weeks, then you will need something to entertain you. The best way to pass the time is to listen to music or to watch movies. But how can you do that when on a plane or a road trip?
The answer is simple, get a portable DVD player. Although it may be a bit technologically outdated, we recommend you the Magnavox Portable DVD player.
The DBPOWER might offer you a larger screen and a longer duration, but all of that comes at a higher price. If you have the time to burn movies or music on your DVD discs, then get a portable player to pass the time.